Keep in touch – sign up for service alerts and our regular Wealden e-newsletter


Housing Benefit

Help with paying your rent

Local Housing Allowance

The Housing Benefit scheme for claims made after 7th April 2008.

Housing Benefit payment dates

The dates that we will send fortnightly and 4 weekly payments

Council Tax Reduction Scheme

Help with paying your Council Tax

Reporting Benefit Fraud

How you can help to stop people cheating the benefits system

Council Tax Discounts

These are not benefits but could help to reduce your Council Tax payments.

Tell us of a Change in Your Circumstances

Online form to tell us if your circumstances have changed.

Benefits Calculator

Find out if you might be entitled to Housing benefit Council Tax reduction scheme

Please note: the calculator will give you an indication as to how much you could receive. Your actual entitlement will only be known when your claim has been worked out by the Benefits Service. 

You can find more information about Housing Benefit or Council tax reduction scheme on (external website).

Other Benefits you can claim

Advice on where to get more information about most state benefits and tax credits.

Information for Landlords and Advisers

Advice for landlords regarding Housing Benefit.

Companies who charge for helping you claim benefits

We are aware of at least one company who offers free benefits advice and who will help you make a claim for benefit. They will charge you 40% or 45% of any back paid award you receive on a no win, no fee basis. This could be for any state benefit but particularly the benefits related to disability.

There is no need for you to pay for this help. Wealden Benefits Service will help you to make a claim or will tell you who can help. Any help or advice we give you is free, as is the help from organisations we can refer you to.

Contact the Benefits Service

Welcome to our new look website

We hope you like our new look site and find it easier to use. Please tell us what you think by using the Website Feedback form, which you can find at the bottom of each page.

Continue to the site »

(or press ESC)

Contact the Council


Contact Us:

Find Us:

Follow Us: