Keep in touch – sign up for service alerts and our regular Wealden e-newsletter

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction for those aged over Pension Age

How do Pension Credits affect my Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction?

If you receive Pension Credits the Pension Service will tell us about your income and savings, which they call your Assessed Income and we will use this information to work out your Housing Benefit and /or  Council Tax Reduction. If you have any income not included in this assessment you will need to let us know. 

If you are getting pension credit and your income changes you should tell the Pension Service. 

Other changes that you have to tell Wealden District Council about are:

  • changes to your tenancy
  • periods away from home
  • changes affecting the income or family circumstances of anyone else who lives with you apart from your partner
  • changes to any income such as earnings, or capital not included in the Pension Credit calculation of Assessed Income and, if you are receiving Savings Credit only, you must tell us if your capital exceeds £6000 

How do I apply for Pension Credit?

Applications for Pension Credit can also be made by phoning the Pension Credit Helpline on 0800 991234.

Further help and advice

Other advice/information

Welcome to our new look website

We hope you like our new look site and find it easier to use. Please tell us what you think by using the Website Feedback form, which you can find at the bottom of each page.

Continue to the site »

(or press ESC)

Contact the Council


Contact Us:

Find Us:

Follow Us: