Wealden District Council

Wealden Home  >  Council  >  Contact the Council  >  Make a Complaint

Make a Complaint

You can use this online form if you wish to make a complaint about the Council. Your complaint will be referred to the relevant department and dealt with in a timely manner.

If your complaint is about a Councillor please use the online Councillor complaint form. 

Please ensure you have read the Wealden District Council Complaints Procedure which describes what we treat as a complaint before completing the complaints form.

* Indicates required information

If your complaint is related to the maintenance of public roads and footpaths please contact East Sussex County Council Highways Department (external link).

If your complaint is related to a missed bin collection or replacement bin register or log in to My Wealden.


Wealden District Council collects, holds and processes a considerable amount of information, including personal information. We need this information to provide our services. We know this information is important to our residents and we take our responsibilities under the Data Protection Act (external link)  seriously. We make sure that any personal information collected and used is done so appropriately, correctly and safely.

For most purposes, we will only process your information with your consent. We will presume that by providing us with your details you are consenting for us to use them to provide the services you are using.

We do not sell personal details to any external organisations. External contractors may process information on behalf of the council. We require all these contractors to make sure they keep the personal information safe and prohibiting them from doing anything other than following our instructions.

We may also check the information you have provided with other information already held in departments in order to provide you with the service or response you require.

Fraud prevention

The council must safeguard public funds and we reserve the right to check the information you have provided for accuracy and to detect fraud. We take part in the National Fraud Initiatives (external link) anti-fraud data matching exercise.

We may share your information with Debt Management agencies and the Courts to help collect any outstanding debts. We may share your information for the same purposes with other public organisations, including neighbouring councils that handle public funds and with police forces. We may also provide forwarding address of council tenants to utility companies that are collecting outstanding debts.

We also do our own data matching, using names, dates of birth and address. We will compare computer records held by one department, against others held by the same or other departments, to check they match. This is to make sure our information is correct and up to date. Data matching is carried out on information held by the following services: Council Tax, Housing Benefits, Environmental Health and Housing.