This Wealden recession web page aims to provide you with an easy guide to the help that Wealden can offer your business during the current economic downturn. Just click on any of the links below, or call the numbers listed for further information.
- Business Rates Deferral Scheme Government announcement on how businesses can defer 60% of their rates bill increase
- Small Business Rate Relief or call 01323 443387
- Rateable Values and appeals or call 01323 443385
- How to appeal your Rateable Value Appeals
- Rateable Values and Rates Changes: Transitional Arrangements (phased changes of increases) or call 01323 443385
- Paying Council Tax or Non domestic Rates or call 01323 443385, different methods of payment
- Empty Property Rates Relief or call 01323 443385, recent changes in the rules
- Rate Relief in Rural Communities, rural settlement relief is available to certain categories of property
- South East Business Portal or call 01323 443352, goods, works and services and current tendering opportunities
- Wealden Business Help Training for Business (external link) or call 01323 443302 (ask about the large discounts for small Wealden businesses)
- Wealden Business Help Support for Business (external link) offered by this Council or call 01892 602884
- Businesses and self employed
- Wealden Business Help Regulation Adviser (external link) or call 01323 443276
- The Wealden Business Help (external link) website
- Explore realistic alternative uses for buildings or land, call 01892 602011
- Application Forms or call 01892 602010
- Make an appointment for a face to face meeting with a Planning Officer. Call 01892 602011 to make an appointment or call 01892 602465
- Business Link in the South East or call 0845 600 9 006
- Edeal Business Advice Training Consultancy or call 01323 489800
- Sussex Enterprise Business or call 01444 259259
- Businesses and self employed Information about starting up and running a business in the UK, including help if you're self employed or a sole trader.
- FSB Federation of Small Businesses or call 01323 482018
- The Insolvency Service Finance
- Business Debtline (external link) or call 0800 197 6026
- ACAS Promoting Employment Relations and HR Excellence Jobs or call their helpline 08457 47 47 47 for advice on disciplinary, disputes or redundancy issues etc
- Business Rescue Service An independent organisation who give free, confidential and impartial advice to businesses suffering financial problems.
Is there anything else we can do to help? If so please contact us.