Wealden is a safe place to live with one of the lowest crime rates in the country and we want to keep it that way. Achieving this is no longer the responsibility of a single agency, i.e. the Police. The Government requires local organisations and the community to work together to reduce crime and disorder and improve the quality of life for our residents.
The Safer Wealden Partnership, formerly the Wealden Crime & Disorder Reduction Partnership, was set up in 1998 to tackle such issues. Its partners include representatives from:
- East Sussex County Council (external link)
- East Sussex Downs and Weald Primary Care Trust (external link)
- East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service (external link)
- Sussex Police (external link)
- Sussex Police Authority (external link)
- Sussex Probation (external link)
- Wealden District Council
- Criminal Justice Board (external link)
- East Sussex Safer Communities Team (external link)
- Prison Service (external link)
- Youth Development Service (external link)
- Youth Offending Team (external link)
This website aims to keep you up to date with The Safer Wealden Partnership and how we are working to reduce crime and the fear of crime, combined with useful tips and crime prevention advice.
Find out more about Antisocial behaviour.
If you feel you have been a victim of domestic violence, there is help available.
Information on what to do if you have been a victim of a hate incident or hate crime in East Sussex.
See their purpose and what issues they deal with. Also find out more information on the Payback Team and who to contact.
Read the latest news about the Safer Wealden Partnership, our recent achievements and new initiatives.
Read about the strategy and how it is going to provide end-to-end management of this group of offenders.
Read about our initiatives and find out who your local neighbourhood policing teams are.
Information on setting up a Speed Watch scheme in your neighbourhood and see what our Road Safety Action Group's initiatives are in our area.
Read our three year community plan for Wealden.
See what we are doing to help prevent vehicle crime and ways to help reduce your chances of becoming a victim of vehicle crime.
Lots of useful websites to protect yourself from unwanted post, emails, phonecalls & text messages and Get Safe online.