Keep in touch – sign up for service alerts and our regular Wealden e-newsletter

Exchanging Your Home

All secure tenants (including flexible fixed term tenants) have the right to carry out a mutual exchange with either another Council tenant or a housing association tenant anywhere in the country. It is the responsibility of the tenant to identify another tenant to exchange with. It is usual practice for a two-way mutual exchange to take place but a three-way mutual exchange is also possible. You must never exchange without first obtaining written consent from your landlord.

The mutual exchange list operates online, to register for an exchange, go to (external link).  You do not have to be registered for a transfer to register on Exchange Locata. The register will allow you to see all properties available across East and West Sussex, as well as nationally. If you are registered for a transfer, you can also access Exchange Locata from Homemove (external link).

You do not have to be registered for a transfer in order to carry out a mutual exchange but may want to consider both. In order to register for a transfer, you must meet our eligibility criteria. Use our housing eligibility tool to find out if you might be eligible.

Welcome to our new look website

We hope you like our new look site and find it easier to use. Please tell us what you think by using the Website Feedback form, which you can find at the bottom of each page.

Continue to the site »

(or press ESC)

Contact the Council


Contact Us:

Find Us:

Follow Us: