The Council provides information and advice on keeping your home warm, saving money, finding help with your fuel bills (external link) and helping the environment.
Keeping your home warm is important for your health. A well heated home should be between 19 and 22 degrees Celsius (67 to 72 Fahrenheit). Here are energy saving top ten tips (pdf) to increase energy efficiency in your home.
There are a number of grants available to help improve the insulation to your loft and cavity wall and towards heating your home.
Loft and Cavity Wall Insulation
For grants and discounts for loft and cavity wall insulation call the Energy Efficiency Hotline using the number in the contact information below for more information.
Below is some more information you may find useful:
- Top Ten energy savings tips no and low cost things you can do to save energy
- Keep Cool in Summer the low cost low energy way
- Keep Warm and Well in Winter
- Information on grants and discount schemes
- Understanding Fuel Bills and switching suppliers and what to do if you have trouble paying
- Renewable Energy
- Climate Change and Sustainability
- Download leaflets, presentations and handouts and other resources
We can provide documents in print, large print, alternative formats and other languages. Please call us using the contact information below if you require this service.