Safety in Action at Bowles Outdoor Centre
Safety in Action is for the first time, providing two weeks of hands-on safety training
For the first time in its 21 year history, Safety in Action is holding two weeks of preventative safety exercises to ensure all primary schools within Wealden can take part. Safety in Action is organised by Wealden District Council with support from a range of public and private sector services.
The first week was held at the Bowles Outdoor Centre near Crowborough. The Council is very grateful for their support. The second week will be at Herstmonceux Castle from 25 - 29 June.
Hands on safety exercises for year 6 pupils include:
- Road safety and stranger danger - Sussex Police.
- Dealing with a casualty - South East Coast Ambulance.
- Reporting an arson attack - East Sussex Fire and Rescue.
- Rucksack on the railway line - Southern Railway.
- Electrical hazards - UK Power Networks.
- Safety in the Countryside - Bowles Outdoor Centre.
- Buying with safety - East Sussex County Council Trading Standards.
- Water safety - Freedom Leisure.
Refreshments have kindly been donated by Sussex Police. The Crowborough company, Servomex, is sponsoring the road safety award. All children taking part will receive a participation certificate. By the end of the second week, over 1000 school children will have taken part.