We aim to:-
- Interpret the legislation
- Assist you in your dealings with the built environment
- Enhance and maintain the safety, health and access to buildings in the District
This means that we will:-
- Deal with your application within 5 weeks or sooner
- Inspect your building works (site inspections) on request within 24 hours of request and or where possible carry out same day inspections (requested before 10 am)
- Liase with our colleagues in Planning and Environmental Health to ensure you have a joined up approach to your development proposals
- Interpret the Building Regulations in a practical and non bureaucratic fashion
- Respond to all concerns regarding failure of service and interpretation
- Secure an appropriate standard of construction of new and altered buildings
- Provide supervision and controls over demolition works
- Provide appropriate enforcement of the Building Regulations and Associate legislation.
- Provide a 24 hour Dangerous Structure service to maintain Public Safety
- Carry out all appropriate legal and good practice consultations with appropriate bodies both internally and externally. These include the Water Authority, Fire Authority, Planning Authority and Licensing Authority
- Provide a customer friendly approach to users of the service
- Provide an Access Officer Service for businesses and local residents
- Advise on means of escape in case of fire in relation to Houses in Multiple Occupation
- Provide you with unrivalled local knowledge when using our service in relation to such matters as ground conditions etc.
- Provide 9 service commitments to our customers in relationship with LABC.
A printable version of the Building Control Service Charter is also available.