This is the first stage of public consultation on this document and we would like to take your views into account in producing the Strategic Sites DPD. In order to do this we are presenting information about the possible options for development within each Strategic Development Area.
We analysed the 3783 consultation responses, made by 692 individuals and reported a detailed assessment and recommendations to the LDF Sub Committee on 23 July 2012.
The Sub Committee agreed with the portfolio holder recommendations to
- Note the responses to the Regulation 25 Consultation which are described within the detailed assessment at Appendix A, Strategic Sites DPD Issues and Options Consultation Report (pdf)
- Agree the recommendation as set out in paragraphs 7 to 15 of the report in relation to each SDA, with minor typographical corrections and as amended by the sub committee in respect of paragraph 9, to enable the Council to develop the submission Strategic Sites DPD.
View your Comments
Go to the Online Consultation Portal (external link) to view the document and comments.
Period of Publication
Representations were made between: 9am on Monday 16th January until 5pm on Friday 24th February 2012.
View and download the Supporting Documents
- Interim Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) Statement January 2012 (pdf)
- Ecological Assessment of the Strategic Sites Development Plan Document
This Background Papers present evidence underpinning the Strategic Sites Development Plan Document (DPD) Issues and Options Consultation Paper. It shows the process by which issues were considered, how options were generated and the assessment of options, providing further technical detail that may assist in the consideration of options as part of the consultation.
The document has been presented in 8 Chapters, divided by geographical area.
- Chapter 1. Introduction to the Strategic Sites Issues and Options Background Paper (pdf)
- Chapter 2. SDA1: Uckfield (pdf)
- Chapter 3. SDA2&3: Hailsham (pdf)
- Chapter 4. SDA4&5: Polegate and Willingdon (pdf)
- Chapter 5. SDA6&7: Stone Cross (pdf)
- Chapter 6. SDA8,9&10: Crowborough (pdf)
- Chapter 7. SDA11: Heathfield (pdf)
- Chapter 8. SDA12: Land adjacent to Tunbridge Wells in the Parish of Frant (pdf)
A more detailed description of issues in relation to each development area and how the possible options for development have been produced is provided in the detailed Background Papers. The Background Papers also shows the Sustainability Appraisal that has been undertaken to help you to make comparisons between options. The analysis from the Sustainability Appraisal has been a key element in shaping the contents of this document and in particular in helping to create the various options relating to each development area. A Sustainability Appraisal of the Strategic Sites DPD Scoping Report (pdf) has also been undertaken.
Data Protection Act 1998 and Freedom of Information Act 2000
Representations cannot be treated in confidence. Regulation 30 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Development) (England) Regulations 2004, as amended, requires copies of representations made to be publically available. The Council will provide names and associated representations on its website but will not publish personal information such as telephone numbers or private addresses. By submitting a representation you confirm that you agree these terms and accept responsibility for your comments.