The Core Strategy Local Plan comprises a long-term spatial vision and strategic objectives for the Wealden District area for the period 2013 to 2027, including the area within Wealden which is in the South Downs National Park. All subsequent documents produced as part of the Local Plan will build on the objectives set out in the Core Strategy.
The Core Strategy Local Plan 2013 (pdf) was considered for adoption and approved by Wealden District Full Council on 28 November 2012 and the South Downs National Park Authority on 19 February 2013 (External Link)
- Core Strategy Local Plan 2013 (pdf)
- Proposal Map 2013 (pdf)
- Adoption Statement 2013 (pdf)
- Sustainability Appraisal Report 2013 (pdf)
The Core Strategy identifies the quantum of growth and broad locations for delivering housing and other major development needs such as employment, retail and transport.
- Growth in Uckfield, alternatively download the pamphlet Growth in Uckfield (pdf)
- Growth in Crowborough, alternatively download Growth in Crowborough (pdf)
- Growth in Hailsham and Hellingly, alternatively download Growth in Hailsham and Hellingly (pdf)
- Growth in Polegate and Willingdon, alternatively download Growth in Polegate and Willingdon (pdf)
- Growth in Stone Cross, alternatively download Growth in Stone Cross (pdf)
Protecting the Ashdown Forest
Further information on Wealden's position concerning the Ashdown Forest Special Area of Conservation (SAC)/Special Protection Area (SPA) and guidance for those applying for planning permission for small scale developments which could generate traffic movements on roads which pass through the Ashdown Forest can be found on the Protecting the Ashdown Forest page of our website.
A number of other supporting documents are available to view in the Core Strategy Library of Documents.
A hard copy of the Core Strategy, Adoption Statement, Inspectors Report and Sustainability Appraisal Report are available for inspection at a number of locations: Locations for Viewing the Core Strategy.
If you require, copies of the documents can be made available in larger font, Braille, audio tape/ CD form or in another language contact the Planning Policy Team using the details below.
Contact the Planning Policy Team
Telephone: 01892 602007
Wealden District Council,