There are over 70 Neighbourhood Recycling Points (NRP) within Wealden District where residents can recycle the following materials:
- Cans, Aerosols, Foils
- Plastic Bottles
- Beverage Cartons
- Textiles and Shoes
- Miscellaneous Recyclable Materials (Including Books, CDs, Videos, Computer Games and "WEEE" or Small Electrical Items)
Please note the facilities at each site vary depending upon the space for the containers and the availability of resources for certain materials. To find out where your nearest Neighbourhood Recycling Point is and what materials are being collected at each point please see the Top Recycling and Waste Tasks.
Advice on using the recycling points
Please remember the following when using the recycling points:
- Be considerate and avoid using the recycling points between 8.30pm and 8.30am, remember that the sites are usually located near homes.
- Remember to wash and squash your plastic bottles and beverage cartons.
- Remember to remove all plastic bottle tops and lids.
- Remember to wash your cans, foil and glass.
- The recycling banks are emptied on a regular basis, however should they be full please use an alternative site or return another day and let us know that the recycling point bins need emptying using the contact details below.
- Do not leave any recyclables on the ground as we cannot guarantee that these will be recycled.
- Ensure the correct materials are placed in each container.
- Any bags or boxes should be placed in the litter bin if one is provided, or preferably taken home for disposal. Please note it is an offence under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 to leave cardboard boxes, bags and other waste by the recycling containers or at the site.
- Avoid special car journeys to recycle.
Contact the Waste Management Team
Contact Form: Contact the Recycling and Waste Management Advice Team
Telephone: 01892 602626
Wealden District Council,