It can divert about a third of your waste from the landfill bin.
- Reducing the organic waste sent to landfill reduces the amount of polluting gases (methane) and liquid run-off (leachate) created.
- It reduces the need to use peat and chemical fertilizer's which can harm the environment
- It will keep you supplied with free compost which will be of great benefit to your garden and plants (If you don't want to produce an end product there are composting units available where the compost goes directly into the ground).
- By adding your home compost to back on to your garden, you replace the nutrients that have been lost from the natural cycle of a plant through mowing and pruning.
- It's simple and easy to do.