Wealden District Council

Wealden Home  >  Residents  >  Benefits and Council Tax  >  Benefits  >  Housing Benefit  >  Who can get Housing Benefit

Who can get Housing Benefit

Housing Benefit is now only available to the following groups

  • Customer over Pension Credit age
  • Customer living in supported accommodation
  • Customer who is or has been in the last month, receiving any benefit that includes a Severe Disability Premium

If this doesn't apply, you can apply for universal credit (external link) for help with Housing costs

If the above applies you could get Housing Benefit to help you pay your rent if you're on a low income. Housing benefit can pay for part or all of your rent. How much you get depends on your income and circumstances. You can apply for housing benefit whether you're unemployed or working.