Wealden District Council

Wealden Home  >  Residents  >  Benefits and Council Tax  >  Council Tax  >  Council Tax FAQs  >  Claiming a refund of credit

Claiming a refund of credit


There is a credit on my account, how do I get a refund?


If your council tax account is in credit you can claim a refund. If you want to claim a refund over the phone you must give us your council tax reference number found on the top right of your bill. If you have moved out of the area you will also need to give us a forwarding address.

If you have been paying us by direct debit, or have a bank account, we can refund your money back into your bank account by BACS payment.

Related FAQs and Information

Contact the Contact Council Tax Team