Wealden District Council

Wealden Home  >  Residents  >  Benefits and Council Tax  >  Council Tax  >  Council Tax FAQs  >  Discount for accommodation connected to my job

Discount for accommodation connected to my job


What if I live in accommodation that's related to my job?


If the terms and conditions of your job mean that you have to live in accommodation provided with your job. And you have moved out of your main home, you can claim a 50% discount in your council tax. Examples might be a caretaker, or publican.

You can’t claim any discount if you are simply renting a second home, because it is more convenient, and nearer to where you work.

If you think that this discount will apply to your property, please print a job related discount form (pdf) and send it to us.

Related FAQs and Information

Contact the Contact Council Tax Team