Wealden District Council

Wealden Home  >  Residents  >  Benefits and Council Tax  >  Council Tax  >  Council Tax FAQs  >  Discounts on occupied properties

Discounts on occupied properties


What discounts are available on occupied properties?


You can claim a 25% discount if you live alone. If someone is working away from home, or on holiday, it will not count as a change of home and we won’t be able to grant any discount, even if it just leaves one person in the household.

If you claim a discount, you must tell us straight away if your circumstances change. For example, if someone living with you becomes 18, or if another adult moves in with you.

If you think that you might be entitled to this discount you can apply online, or you can print an application form and send it to us. Alternatively you can phone us and we will go through the application with you. You will need to give us your council tax account reference which is on the top right of your bill. 

Related FAQs and Information

Contact the Contact Council Tax Team