Wealden District Council

Wealden Home  >  Residents  >  Benefits and Council Tax  >  Council Tax  >  Council Tax FAQs  >  Exemption for a dependant's annexe

Exemption for a dependant's annexe


What if my property has an annexe that is lived in by a dependant relative?


If your property has an annexe that is occupied by a dependant relative you can claim an exemption on that annexe, providing your relative meets the following criteria.

Your relative must either be:

  • Aged 65 or over
  • Disabled or
  • Severely mentally impaired

If you think that you might be entitled to this exemption please print an exemption for a dependants annexe form (pdf) and send it to us.

Related FAQs and Information

Contact the Contact Council Tax Team