Wealden District Council

Wealden Home  >  Residents  >  Benefits and Council Tax  >  Council Tax  >  Council Tax FAQs  >  Exemption for diplomats

Exemption for diplomats


What if I am (or is someone that I live with is) a diplomat or has diplomatic immunity?


A person who is a diplomat, or benefits from diplomatic immunity, is ignored or "disregarded" for council tax. This means that we won’t take them into account when we calculate the bill. The only exception would be if the person was a British subject or citizen, or a permanent resident in the UK. If there is no one else living in the household that has an equal or greater interest in the property, we can grant an exemption.

If you think that you might be entitled to this exemption please print a diplomatic immunity exemption application form (pdf) and send it to us.

Related FAQs and Information

Contact the Contact Council Tax Team