Wealden District Council

Wealden Home  >  Residents  >  Benefits and Council Tax  >  Council Tax  >  Council Tax FAQs  >  Exemption for visiting forces personnel

Exemption for visiting forces personnel


What if my property is occupied by visiting forces personnel?


If a property is occupied by visiting forces personnel it will be exempt. The property would also be exempt if it was occupied by a dependant of a member of a visiting force. Providing that the dependant was not:

  • A British Citizen, or
  • Is not normally a resident in the UK
  • If the property is owned or rented by a member of a visiting force, but is also occupied by other people who are not, it will still be exempt.

If you think that this exemption applies to your property, please print a visiting forces exemption form (pdf) and send it to us.

Related FAQs and Information

Contact the Contact Council Tax Team