Wealden District Council

Wealden Home  >  Residents  >  Benefits and Council Tax  >  Council Tax  >  Council Tax FAQs  >  Moving out of Wealden

Moving out of Wealden


I already pay my council tax to you, but I'm moving out of Wealden.


Where your move is out of your property in Wealden and into a property in another area you can tell us by completing a moving out of Wealden form, or you can tell us by telephone, in writing or by email. The information that we will need from you will be:

  • Your council tax account reference number found on the top right of your bill
  • Your name
  • Your contact telephone number
  • The address of the property you are moving from including the post code
  • The date your sale completes or the date your tenancy ends
  • The date you will move your furniture out
  • The name of the new resident, owner or letting agent’s details
  • The address of the property you will be moving to including the post code

Please note that we do not tell your new authority that you are moving to their area. You must contact them and give details of your new address.

Related FAQs and Information

Contact the Contact Council Tax Team