Wealden District Council

Wealden Home  >  Residents  >  Environment and Pollution  >  Pollution  >  Report a Pollution Problem

Report a Pollution Problem

You can use this form to report a pollution problem in Wealden. Please provide as much detail as possible as this will allow us to deal with the problem more effectively.

You can find more information about the different kinds of pollution within the Pollution section.

We will do our best to protect you from any unreasonable disturbance and will provide help and advice about statutory nuisance problems.

We will strive to ensure a consistent and fair approach in accordance with the Council's Enforcement Policy (pdf).

Reporting Smoke Pollution/Bonfire Nuisance

Please use our online form to report smoke pollution or a bonfire nuisance. This will be dealt with by our shared Rother and Wealden Environmental Health Service.


Wealden District Council collects, holds and processes a considerable amount of information, including personal information. We need this information to provide our services. We know this information is important to our residents and we take our responsibilities under the Data Protection Act (external link)  seriously. We make sure that any personal information collected and used is done so appropriately, correctly and safely.

For most purposes, we will only process your information with your consent. We will presume that by providing us with your details you are consenting for us to use them to provide the services you are using.

We do not sell personal details to any external organisations. External contractors may process information on behalf of the council. We require all these contractors to make sure they keep the personal information safe and prohibiting them from doing anything other than following our instructions.

We may also check the information you have provided with other information already held in departments in order to provide you with the service or response you require.

Fraud prevention

The council must safeguard public funds and we reserve the right to check the information you have provided for accuracy and to detect fraud. We take part in the National Fraud Initiatives (external link) anti-fraud data matching exercise.

We may share your information with Debt Management agencies and the Courts to help collect any outstanding debts. We may share your information for the same purposes with other public organisations, including neighbouring councils that handle public funds and with police forces. We may also provide forwarding address of council tenants to utility companies that are collecting outstanding debts.

We also do our own data matching, using names, dates of birth and address. We will compare computer records held by one department, against others held by the same or other departments, to check they match. This is to make sure our information is correct and up to date. Data matching is carried out on information held by the following services: Council Tax, Housing Benefits, Environmental Health and Housing.