Wealden District Council

Wealden Home  >  Residents  >  Housing, Health and Advice  >  Housing  >  Council Housing  >  Moving On  >  Transferring Home

Transferring Home

What do I need to do to be considered for a move?

If you want to transfer to another property you must meet the following conditions before we will consider your application:

  • In normal circumstances you will be expected to have a clear rent account.
  • The interior of the property should be clean, damage free and in good decorative order.
  • If you have a garden it should be well maintained and tidy.

It will be necessary for a Housing Officer to inspect your property prior to any move being approved.

How can I move to another property in the Wealden area?

In the first instance you should complete our housing eligibility tool  to find out if you might be eligible.

If eligible, you may be required to bid on properties you are interested in through the Sussex Homemove Choice Based Lettings system.

Vacancies can come either through our own housing stock or through vacancies in properties owned by housing associations.

You may also want to view our Policy on Allocation of Homes - Banding and Categories

What Can I Expect From My New Home

The Housing Service has a Voids Standard which is a standard for the re-letting
of our empty properties. We currently have 2 standards:

Contact Housing Team