Wealden District Council

Wealden Home  >  Residents  >  Parking, Streets and Travel  >  Roads and Footpaths  >  Roads And Footpaths

Roads And Footpaths

Wealden District Council are responsible for public path diversions, road closures for events (e.g. carnivals) and street naming and numbering.

Public Footpath Diversions

Information about applying for amendments to the rights of way network

Temporary Road Closures

How to apply for a temporary road closure for public celebrations such as street parties, carnivals, parades and similar events.


The maintenance of public roads and footpaths in the district is the responsibility of the East Sussex County Council Highways Department who provide a weekly bulletin for all roadworks in the area (external link). The County Council are also responsible for all existing and proposed traffic calming measures.

However, we can supply waymark discs, free of charge, to help you guide users across your land.

Enjoying the Countryside

Wealden are also encouraging people to enjoy the countryside by promoting various routes across the district. Don't forget to follow the Countryside Code (external link).

Customer Charter

See our customer charter which sets out the standards you can expect

We regularly carry out surveys and consultations with our customers to help us to improve the service we offer and allow us to measure efficiency and the level of staff performance.

Contact Planning