Wealden Website Usability Survey
Website Usability Survey Background
At the end of last year, Wealden launched our new, restructured website. After taking suggestions from the public and staff we reorganised the content of the website and incorporated new features such as the Online Task Directory.
We are now seeking your help to assess the changes we've made and identify further improvements. We are asking members of the public to take part in an online Website Usability Survey.
We are seeking your comments and evaluation of the new website from the user's perspective. We would therefore be grateful if you would take part in this survey, the results of which will help us ensure that the new website is structured and designed to be as user-friendly as possible.
The Wealden Website Usability survey will be open for you to take part until 28th February 2011.
How the Survey Works
We have split this survey into a number of parts to enable you to complete each section at your convenience.
Section A enables you to tell us about yourself and why (or if) you use the Council's website. Completing Section A should take less than 5 minutes.
Section B contains seven activities. Each activity has been placed in a separate survey to enable you to complete each one at a time that suits you.
Each activity will ask you to visit a different part of the website. Please perform each task in the activity, then return to the survey to answer the questions and make comments.
Each activity in Section B should take between 5 - 20 minutes to complete.
Section C allows you to comment on your experience of using the new website and make some comparisons to the old one.
The usability survey results will be most useful if you can complete all the activities and sections of the survey, however, if you only have time to complete one or two activities the results will still be valuable to us.
Once you complete each part of the survey, you will be taken back to this page to select the next section.
Please answer the questions in the following surveys, giving as many comments as you can.
There are no right or wrong answers. The aim of this survey is not to test the skills of the users participating, but to collect information about how easy or difficult the site is to use and understand. In particular, we want to know of any difficulties you experience while using the site.
The results will be posted on our website once they have been collated and analysed.
Please use the links below to complete as many sections of the survey as possible.
- Section A - About You (approximate time to complete: less than 5 minutes)
- Section B, Activity 1 - Using the Website (approximate time to complete: 15 minutes)
- Section B, Activity 2 - The Homepage (approximate time to complete: 15 minutes)
- Section B, Activity 3 - Online Task Directory (approximate time to complete: 20 minutes)
- Section B, Activity 4 - Site Content and Structure (approximate time to complete: 20 minutes)
- Section B, Activity 5 - The Site Search Engine (approximate time to complete: 15 minutes)
- Section B, Activity 6 - The A-Z (approximate time to complete: 5 minutes)
- Section B, Activity 7 - Online Mapping (approximate time to complete: 15 minutes)
- Section C - General Comments and Summary (approximate time to complete: 5 minutes)