Equality of opportunity is central to the Council's objectives and values.
The aim of the Wealden Equality Scheme is to set out how we will ensure that all our services and employment opportunities are provided with equity and fairness to everyone.
The Council is committed to achieving this through the following objectives:
- To promote equality of opportunity and good race relations for all individuals and communities in Wealden.
- To collect data and information on the impact of our policies and practices.
- To eliminate any unlawful discrimination or harassment in the provision of our services and employment.
- To continue to improve the accessibility of our services and employment opportunities for all, and tackle the causes of social exclusion
- To ensure effective implementation of equality duties across all service areas.
The Service Delivery and Employment Action Plans identify actions that we will take over the next three years to ensure that our services and employment opportunities are provided with equity and fairness to everyone. To ensure we meet our aims we will:
- Monitor, assess and report on our progress.
- Publicise our equality policy, action plans and achievements.
- Incorporate our equality policy into all of the work of the Council.
The Wealden Equality Scheme Annual Report (pdf) provides a summary of the steps taken over the past year to achieve our equalities objectives. It sets out our ongoing activity for the next 12 months for approval by Cabinet .
If you would like advice or information about the Wealden Equality Scheme please contact the Equalities Officer using the contact details below.