Policy & Communications
The Policy & Communications Team works closely with the Council's Chief Executive, Corporate Management Team and Cabinet Members and Partners on the Council's policies. This involves emerging legislation, guidance and best practice as well as policy at a national and more local level all impacting on the Wealden District, local service provision and the fulfilment of the Council's responsibilities and obligations to Wealden residents. The Team leads and co-ordinates the Council's activity on:
- corporate policy development;
- strategic partnership working;
- performance management, local data, evidence and analysis;
- public and media relations;
- internal communication;
- consultation and engagement;
- community profiling,
- sustainability and climate change.
The team also provides day-to-day support to the Chief Executive and Leader of the Council, ensuring that enquires and matters of concern are directed appropriately, co-ordinating responses as necessary.