There are a wide variety of organisations offering business support within the Wealden district:
- Business East Sussex – Business East Sussex is a free service to East Sussex businesses. It is funded by East Sussex County Council and the Local Growth Fund and provides unbiased navigation to the most relevant bodies, companies and organisations for your support needs. Some of these providers may charge for their services.
- Eastbourne and District Enterprise Agency – Business start up and support for existing businesses
- East Sussex County Council – County wide support
- Federation of Small Businesses – Regional and national business support – membership organisation
- Locate East Sussex – County wide support for start-ups and growing businesses
- Sussex Chamber Of Commerce – Formerly known as Sussex Enterprise, provides county wide support on a membership basis
The following organisations offer business support from a national level:
- Business Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) – Business advice, industrial strategy, science, innovation, energy and climate change.
- CompeteFor – Register with CompeteFor to receive information on the latest contract opportunities linked to major public and private sector buying organisations.
- Government Business Advice – GOV.UK provides information about starting up and running a business in the UK, including help if you are self employed or a sole trader.
- Plunkett Foundation – supporting local communities, rural enterprise and community co-operatives
- Pub is the Hub – A chance for licensees of rural pubs to broaden their range of services and work together to match community needs with additional services which can be provided by the local pub.
Rural Business Support Agency
- Action in Rural Sussex – Various projects for rural Sussex