There are a wide variety of organisations offering business support within the Wealden district:
- Business East Sussex – Business East Sussex is a free service to East Sussex businesses. It is funded by East Sussex County Council and the Local Growth Fund and provides unbiased navigation to the most relevant bodies, companies and organisations for your support needs. Some of these providers may charge for their services.
- Eastbourne and District Enterprise Agency – Business start up and support for existing businesses
- East Sussex County Council – County wide support
- Federation of Small Businesses (external link) – Regional and national business support – membership organisation
- Locate East Sussex (external link) – County wide support for start-ups and growing businesses
- Sussex Chamber Of Commerce (external link) – Formerly known as Sussex Enterprise, provides county wide support on a membership basis
The following organisations offer business support from a national level:
- Business Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) (external link) – Business advice, industrial strategy, science, innovation, energy and climate change.
- CompeteFor (external link) – Register with CompeteFor to receive information on the latest contract opportunities linked to major public and private sector buying organisations.
- Government Business Advice (external link) – GOV.UK provides information about starting up and running a business in the UK, including help if you are self employed or a sole trader.
- Plunkett Foundation (external link) – supporting local communities, rural enterprise and community co-operatives
- Pub is the Hub (external link) – A chance for licensees of rural pubs to broaden their range of services and work together to match community needs with additional services which can be provided by the local pub.
Rural Business Support Agency
- Action in Rural Sussex (external link) – Various projects for rural Sussex