If you are a community organisation, parish council or public sector organisation interested in collaborating or holding a free energy event in your area please contact us by telephone on 01323 443322. Wealden District Council has delivered a number of successful events with our partners – see below for some of the events we’ve already delivered.
Crowborough Pop-up Show 2020An energy event delivered in the Crowborough Community Centre to encourage local residents to take practical steps to cut energy costs. The event included:
- Free LED light bulb give away
- Free bill checking service
- Debt and money advice
- Water advice (from South East Water)
- Energy saving products
The event was delivered in partnership with Wealden Citizens Advice.
Smart Energy Parishes 2017An energy roadshow held in partnership with Smart Energy GB to educate and advise rural residents on the benefits of smart meter technology. The project included:
- The delivery of ten pop up shop style events across rural areas.
- A smart energy guide delivered to over 30,000 households.
Hailsham Pop-up Shop 2014
- A pop up energy shop set up in the Quintin’s shopping centre offering expert advice on how to cut energy costs and lower fuel bills. The event was run over the course of four days and included draught proofing workshops as well as free energy saving goody bags for the first 30 people. The event was delivered in partnership with Communities Matter. For more information read our evaluation report by .