Dead Animals

What we do:

The Council is responsible for collecting dead animal carcasses from highways, lay-bys, bus shelters, subways, council car & coach parks and recycling centres.

Areas we do not cover:

The Council is not responsible for removing dead animals from motorways, trunk roads or private land (this is the land owners responsibility).

Reporting a problem

If you would like to report a dead animal, please use the My Wealden Рreport a dead animal form or contact us using the details below.

What happens if it is a domestic animal?

If the animal is a domestic animal, it will be scanned for the presence of a microchip and the registered owner informed. Any animals not microchipped will be stored for a short period of time.