We thank all our tenants for their patience in this unprecedented time. Please continue to bear with us whilst we primarily continue to undertake emergency and urgent repairs. We are mobilising resources to deliver routine works again as soon as possible and complete our backlog of repairs.
We understand that waiting for repairs can be frustrating for those not directly affected by covid-19 however it is only by adhering to the guidance can we play our part in stopping the spread of the virus and keep everyone safe.
How do I report a repair and what information is needed?
Listed below are the ways you can report a repair to your property or communal areas. If you live in Retirement Living housing you should report all repairs directly to your Retirement Living Manager.
When you report a repair please have the following information ready so we can deal with your request quickly and efficiently:
- your name
- your address
- contact telephone number – please have your landline and/or mobile number ready for us to record
- details of the repair
- details of when someone is available at home so the repair can be carried out or an appointment made
Ways to report a repair:
- Via our online form
- By telephone: Call the Housing Repairs Team on 01323 443375, this is a 24 hour phone line.
What happens when I report a repair?
We now have a slightly different but much improved way for you to report your repair requests. It is now possible for you to make direct contact with each of the Contractors to discuss and report your repair request. We have however retained the same telephone number but introduced a pre-recorded message that provides simple instructions to redirect you to the appropriate contractor or to speak to one of the Property Services team. This service should also be used for any out of hour’s emergency calls.
The following are key points to remember:
- Tenants in general needs housing properties should still report all repairs in the normal way using our dedicated repairs phone line 01323 443375.
- Tenants in Retirement Living housing schemes should still report their repairs to their respective Retirement Living Manager.
For emergency works:
- Contractors will come out as soon as possible so that the problem can be dealt with quickly therefore, appointments are not made.
- We will need to know how you can provide access to your home.
For other works:
- Our contractors will write or telephone you to arrange a convenient appointment.
- If you cannot keep to the arranged appointment please let the contractor know as soon as possible so the appointment can be re-arranged.
- If you are out when the contractor calls a card will be left at your home advising you that they have tried to gain access and giving you the number to call to re-arrange the appointment.
- If you fail to keep a pre-arranged appointment with a contractor you can be charged for the contractor’s abortive call.
Before the Contractor arrives:
If you are able to, clear the work area as much as possible this will help the contractor and will prevent any accidental damage to your belongings.
All our contractors carry identification – please always check it before letting anyone into your home. If you are unsure whether the person is a genuine contractor do not let them in – call us to check.
Quality Monitoring of Repairs Service
We are keen to ensure that we provide our tenants with an excellent service and require all of our Contractors to regularly monitor their performance by carrying out a variety of quality checks.
In addition our Customer Services team will email, text and telephone a number of tenants to discuss Contractor’s performance. If you would like to let us know how your recent experience with our repairs service went you can complete this on line survey www.wealden.gov.uk/repairssurvey or contact the repairs team.
- Dealing with dissatisfaction / complaints – In the first instance we ask our tenants to make representation to the Contractor. Should the matter not be satisfactorily resolved the representation can be made to the Customer Services team on 01323 443279.