Wealden District is not a self contained housing market. A number of localised housing markets are evident across the northern area of Wealden and these are also influenced by the towns of Tunbridge Wells (on Crowborough) and East Grinstead (on Forest Row).
This contrasts with the more integrated housing market that includes Eastbourne and the southern part of Wealden. Therefore in partnership with Eastbourne Borough Council we commissioned two Strategic Housing Market Assessments. One for Eastbourne and South Wealden and one covering the rest of the Wealden district.
- Wealden HMA23 Feb 09 (841kb pdf)
- Eastbourne HMA 20 Feb 09 (888kb pdf)
- Appendix 1 – Future Housing Requirements (903kb pdf)
- Appendix 2 – Housing Land Review (375kb pdf)
- Appendix 3 – Housing Need and Affordable Housing (577kb pdf)
- Appendix 4 – Type and Size (312kb pdf)
- Appendix 5 – Specific Groups (159kb pdf)
- Appendix 6 – Summary stakeholder engagement Ebne (37kb pdf)
- Appendix 6 – Summary stakeholder engagement Wealden (43kb pdf)
- HousingAppendix7-Ward_Level (133kb pdf)
- Appendix 8 – DTZ Stakeholder Event (12kb pdf)