Wealden District Council has partnered up with iChoosr to help residents save money on their energy bills.
The Council provides information and advice on keeping your home warm, saving money, finding help with your fuel bills and helping the environment.
Keeping your home warm is important for your health. A well heated home should be between 19 and 22 degrees Celsius (67 to 72 Fahrenheit). Here are to increase energy efficiency in your home.
Every time you buy sell or rent a property an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is required it will rate your home from A-G (A being the most efficient) and will give you a typical energy cost for your home it will also provide information on how you can improve the energy efficiency of your home.
Below is some more information you may find useful:
- Energy Saving Tips no and low cost things you can do to save energy
- Keep Cool in Summer the low cost low energy way
- Keep Warm and Well in Winter
- Information on grants, loans and discount schemes
- Understanding Fuel Bills and switching suppliers and what to do if you have trouble paying
- Renewable Energy
- Climate Change and Sustainability
We can provide documents in print, large print, alternative formats and other languages. Please call us using the contact information below if you require this service.
The East Sussex Winter Home Check Service
East Sussex County Council provides a free Winter Home Check Service for people who own or privately rent their property and are on certain qualifying benefits. If you are on a low income and are either: an older person, a family with children, a disabled person or someone with an on going health condition (or if anyone in your household is), then you may qualify for this service.
The Winter Home Check includes:
- A full assessment of your home and how best to keep it warm
- Small preventative works, such as improving insulation or repairing boilers
- Emergency temporary heating
- Advice on getting help with the cost of heating your home
For further information about the service call Freephone 0800 085 1674 (lines are open Monday – Thursday 8.30am – 5.00pm, Friday 8.30am – 4.00pm).
To apply call social care direct on 0345 6080 191 or view more information on the Winter Home Check website.
In partnership with other East Sussex Borough and District Councils Wealden has signed up to a Statement of Intent on the use of Eco Funding. This means you will be able to apply for additional help from energy companies, after you have had a winter home check.
Wealden District Council has also signed its own flexible Eligibility Statement of Intent which means you may be able to apply from energy companies working in partnership with Wealden District Council.