Business Support Accountant
Salary: £44,918.40 - £46,688.88 p.a.
Contract Type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Hailsham, East Sussex
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join the Accountancy Team within our Finance department.
We are looking for someone who is committed to high financial standards, with the excellent opportunity to lead on key areas such as budget setting, budget monitoring, and final accounts.
What will you be doing?
- You will manage the preparation of quarterly forecasts and updates to the Medium-Term Financial Strategy.
- Prepare grant claims and government returns.
- Liaise with the external auditors on final accounts and grant claims.
- Be responsible for providing support to the Council’s expanding project streams and supporting budget managers including providing financial advice on new commercial activities and income generation.
- Support the Principal Accountant with system administration.
What do we offer?
- A small, friendly team with a varied and challenging range of responsibilities.
- Working for a respected, forward-thinking local authority that has a strong focus on employee engagement, support, and wellbeing.
- A competitive market salary and a comprehensive employee benefits scheme.
- Internal career progression and development opportunities.
What do you need?
- You will be either hold, or will be working towards a CCAB accountancy qualification (or qualified by experience) with considerable experience of preparing management accounts, forecasts, budgets and final accounts, preferably in a local authority.
- Experience of commercial activities undertaken by local authorities would be an advantage.
- You will need good interpersonal skills, substantial experience of working with computerised financial information systems and excellent communication skills.
Wealden District Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. We value the differences that people bring from all backgrounds and communities and all applications will be treated on merit.
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please contact us via email where possible at firstname.lastname@example.orgJob Description
Closing Date: 03/12/2023
Interview Date: tbc
Post Number: S2002