Climate Change Project Officer
Salary: £29,229.36- £34,914.96 p.a
Contract Type: Permanent / Full Time
Location: Hailsham, East Sussex
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to play a key role in delivering a range of projects and initiatives to contribute to the delivery of the council’s climate change ambitions? Want to be part of a new team that will truly be making a long lasting difference to the lives of our residents, businesses, the council and our communities by reaching net zero? Then look no further!
We are looking for a passionate and motivated person to join our small, newly established but very busy climate change team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on projects that will make a huge difference to local resident’s lives. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who can transform their passion for tackling climate change into practical action that engages all council services and leads residents and partners to do the same. The role will work across the council to deliver a range of climate change projects.
We are looking for an individual who is interested in tackling climate change and can help the Council drive key projects in the climate change programme. This is a very key time to be joining the team as we are planning a refresh of the strategy and action plan – so there is an amazing opportunity to help shape and influence the next steps in the councils response to the climate emergency.
What will you be doing?
- Pro-actively seek opportunities to deliver on the climate change aspirations of the council as set out in the climate change action plan
- Help raise the profile of the climate change team and its projects
- Work with stakeholders and partners to deliver specific projects and priorities that meet the wider district climate change agenda
- Work with our businesses and communities and support them to develop their climate change aspirations as part of the councils leadership role
- To help plan and deliver our climate change communications and the development of the climate change web pages
- To support the development, delivery and monitoring of projects
- To support the ongoing monitoring of the councils carbon footprint and reporting on the district wide green house gas emissions
What do you need?
- Educated to degree level in relevant environmental discipline or equivalent transferable skills and experience
- Experience of project development, management and reporting
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with a wide range of partners, consultants and stakeholders
- Experience of writing reports and ability to present complex data
- Experience of managing project and project budgets
What do we offer?
- Excellent salary, pension, flexible working, fantastic employee benefits and comprehensive staff health & wellbeing scheme
- A friendly, supportive team and a range of opportunities for continuing professional development
- Ability to work from home as well as from our newly refurbished offices in Hailsham
- Working for a great, forward thinking Local Authority
- Great opportunities for learning and development
Wealden District Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. We value the differences that people bring from all backgrounds and communities and all applications will be treated on merit.Job Description
Closing Date: 16/06/2023
Post Number: J5004