Enquiry Officer (Revenues)
Salary: £29,229 - £31,594 p.a plus Car Allowance
Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time
Location: Hailsham, East Sussex
Are you enthusiastic, committed and a well organised team player?
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team as an Enquiry Officer.
What will you be doing?
- Assisting in the collection of Council Tax and Business Rates by maximising income by identifying new properties.
- Carrying out visits around the district to identify occupier status, confirm liable parties, discounts and exemptions to ensure accurate billing.
- Cross checking the information you obtain with other agencies including the Valuation Office Agency, Managing Agents, Developers and other departments within the Council.
What do you need?
- You will be out of the office most of the time and therefore need to be organised, self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- The ability to use your own initiative to deliver results to strict deadlines with minimal supervision.
- A current full driving licence and your own transport (mileage and car allowance provided) .
- A good knowledge of the district is highly desirable for effective performance.
What do we offer?
- An excellent salary, pension, flexible working, fantastic employee benefits and comprehensive staff health & wellbeing scheme.
- A friendly, supportive team and a range of opportunities for continuing professional development.
- The ability to work from home as well as from our newly refurbished offices in Hailsham.
- The chance to work for a great, forward thinking Local Authority.
- Free parking.
Please note that we are unable to offer part time/jobshare on this position.
For more information and an informal discussion please contact Emma Shaw at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on: 01323 443143.
Please click on the Apply Online Now button below.
If you are unable to apply online, or have a query, please email: email@example.com, ensuring you quote the relevant post number.
Post number: N9010
Closing date: 4th December 2023
Wealden District Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. We value the differences that people bring from all backgrounds and communities and all applications will be treated on merit.Job Description
Closing Date: 04/12/2023
Interview Date: tbc
Post Number: N9010