Housing Development Project Officer
Salary: £32,643 - £36,273 p.a plus car allowance
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 37 per week (open to Job Share)
Location: Hailsham, East Sussex
We are looking for a motivated individual who is able to work on a project management basis, has excellent communication skills, computer literacy and knowledge and experience of residential development.
If you’d like a more varied and interesting workload, think about adding your skills to ours and joining us.
What will you be doing?
- You will be part of a small team that has responsibility for enabling and delivering affordable housing in the district. Wealden District Council has a programme of new Council Homes and aims to deliver 150 to 200 new Council Homes over the next 5 years via land led projects and Section 106 quota sites.
- You will project manage the delivery of new Council housing, ensuring the projects are delivered on time and budget within the contract terms.
- You will work closely with internal services (legal, procurement, finance and planning) along with a range of external stakeholders (Consultants, Contractors, District & Parish Councillors, local residents and other stakeholders).
What do we offer?
- Excellent salary and employee benefits scheme
- A friendly, supportive team and opportunities for continued professional development
- Working for a great, forward thinking Local Authority
What do you need?
- Experience of commissioning and managing Consultants & Contractors
- Experience of working for or with Registered Providers and/or Developers
- Membership of the CIOH is desirable
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. We value the differences that people bring from all backgrounds and communities and all applications will be treated on merit.
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the majority of our staff are continuing to work from home at present. Therefore, if you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please contact us via email where possible at firstname.lastname@example.orgJob Description
Closing Date: 07/10/2021
Interview Date: 20/10/2021
Post Number: D3021