Joint Waste Partnership Manager
Salary: £60,720 - £67,024 p.a (Pay Award Pending) plus Car Allowance
Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time (open to Part Time/Job Share)
Hours: 37 (open to Part Time/Job Share)
Location: Hybrid/Hailsham, East Sussex
Are you looking for a new challenge in contract management. A job that has positive benefits for the environment as well as for over 180,000 households in East Sussex, delivering effective waste collection and street/beach cleansing services across three partner local authority areas. If you have experience in managing high value public works contracts either from the client or contractor side, this could be for you.
The East Sussex Joint Waste Partnership is looking for an experienced contracts manager to fill the role of Joint Waste Partnership Manager. To manage a small team working for the partner authorities and with the contractor, ensuring the waste collection and street cleansing contract is administrated effectively including performance and financial management for a £16 million per year contract.
What will you be doing?
- Leading the Joint Waste Office team managing the waste collection and street cleansing contract for the three client partner local authorities.
- Delivering efficient and effective contract management including performance and payment mechanisms.
- Ensuring any contract variations are negotiated satisfactorily and any disputes are controlled and resolved effectively.
- Producing and delivering regular reports on contract status and performance to the partner local authorities through board or committees as required.
- To ensure the services delivered by the contract comply with statutory requirements.
- To plan ahead for the future needs of partner authorities for waste collection and street cleaning services. To put in place processes to deliver necessary changes, including in-contract negotiations or undertaking re-procurement as required.
What do you need?
- Extensive experience in managing high value contracts delivering strong financial and service performance.
- Proven experience of senior level strategic management of complex projects.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- The ability to lead and inspire teams and individuals.
- To earn trust and confidence from stakeholders on both the client and contractor sides.
- To be highly organised with excellent contact and strategic project leadership and administrative skills.
What do we offer?
- Excellent salary, pension, employee benefits, and comprehensive staff health & wellbeing scheme.
- A friendly, supportive team and a range of opportunities for continuing professional development.
- Hybrid & flexible working.
- Newly refurbished office.
- Working for a great, forward thinking Local Authority.
- Free parking.
If you would like to find out more information on this exciting role please contact Chris Bone, Head of Waste, Assets & Crematorium on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on the Apply Online Now button below. If you are unable to apply online, or have a query, please email: email@example.com, ensuring you quote the relevant post number.
Please note that we cannot accept CVs without a completed application.
Wealden District Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. We value the differences that people bring from all backgrounds and communities and all applications will be treated on merit.Job Description
Closing Date: 27/02/2024
Interview Date: TBC
Post Number: M7001