Planning Officer (Major Development Compliance)
Salary: £28,800 to £36,273 p.a plus car allowance
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 37 per week (open to Job Share)
Location: Hailsham, East Sussex
The Council gives high priority to enforcing planning control and is very supportive of the service we provide, which is informed by growing environmental concerns and the expectations of our residents.
We are looking for someone with a sound knowledge of Planning law and previous experience in a Planning Enforcement or Development Management role.
What will you be doing?
- Monitor new major developments and other high profile schemes in the District to examine the level of compliance including planning conditions and adherence to approved plans.
- Investigate possible breaches in Planning legislation and prepare enforcement reports on planning and other breaches arising from enforcement investigations/consultations and deal with the any subsequent Appeals and Court proceedings.
What do we offer?
- Excellent salary and employee benefits scheme
- A friendly, supportive team
- Working for a great, forward thinking Local Authority
What do you need?
- A relevant degree/diploma in Town and Country Planning or similar and a number of years planning experience in a Local Authority or Consultancy background.
- Excellent communication, IT and organisational skills.
- An enthusiasm to contribute towards shaping the Wealden of the future whilst conserving the character and natural beauty of the area.
Wealden District Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. We value the differences that people bring from all backgrounds and communities and all applications will be treated on merit.
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the majority of our staff are continuing to work from home at present. Therefore, if you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please contact us via email where possible at firstname.lastname@example.orgJob Description
Closing Date: 23/08/2021
Interview Date: TBC
Post Number: H4004