Planning Officer (Policy)
Salary: Up to £36,273 p.a
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 37 per week (open to Job Share)
Location: Hailsham, East Sussex
We are looking to expand our planning policy team and we are advertising a number of roles to support the delivery of our Local and Neighbourhood Plans and planning policy services. We are looking for a dedicated and motivated Planning Officer who. ideally, has some experience of working in planning policy and is looking to take their next steps in their career. However, we would also be happy to consider applicants with Development Management experience or those at an Assistant Planner level looking to start their career in planning.
What will you be doing?
This is an exciting time to join us at Wealden. We have high levels of housing need, including affordable housing, pressure to deliver growth in our towns and rural areas, opportunities to deliver employment growth, new and improved infrastructure and community facilities, as well as delivering on our climate change emergency and protecting and enhancing our environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a part in shaping the future of Wealden, to expand your skills and planning experience by being involved in a wide range of projects and planning policy areas. This will be a challenging role where you will be good at maintaining records, drafting reports and delivering work to a high standard and on time. We are looking for a team player and someone who is determined to succeed.
What do you need?
- Relevant Planning Policy experience in a Local Authority or Consultancy background or enthusiasm to start a career in planning;
- Relevant degree/diploma in Town and Country Planning or similar qualification leading to RTPI membership
- A positive approach to problem solving;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present information;
- Good IT and analytical skills
- Enthusiasm to contribute towards shaping the future of Wealden
What do we offer?
In return we will offer:
- An excellent salary and employee benefits scheme
- A friendly, supportive team and opportunities for continued professional development
- Working for a great, forward thinking Local Authority
Wealden District Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. We value the differences that people bring from all backgrounds and communities and all applications will be treated on merit.
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the majority of our staff are continuing to work from home at present. Therefore, if you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please contact us via email where possible at email@example.comJob Description
Closing Date: 24/08/2021
Interview Date: TBC
Post Number: J4027