Salary: £26,167 - £28,324 p.a
Contract Type: Permanent / Full Time (open to Job Share)
Location: Hailsham, East Sussex
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join us in our Recovery & Enforcement Team as a Recovery Officer. You will be part of a busy team responsible for collecting outstanding Council Tax and Non-Domestic Rates.
What will you be doing?
- Dealing with enquiries, negotiating and making payment arrangements.
- Maintaining and monitoring records of debts under recovery, contacting residents to agree fair and reasonable arrangements.
- Monitoring payments and obtaining information in preparation for passing cases to our Enforcement Agents.
What do we offer?
- Excellent salary and employee benefits scheme
- A friendly, supportive team and opportunities for continued professional development
- Ability to work from home as well as from our newly refurbished offices in Hailsham
- Working for a great, forward thinking Local Authority
What do you need?
- Experience of working in an office environment as well as experience of dealing with customers and members of the public.
- The ability to communicate effectively.
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C (or equivalent), or the ability to demonstrate numeracy and literacy skills from a previous working environment.
- An understanding of the basic principles of local taxation and local taxation enforcement would be beneficial.
If you would like to discuss what the role involves please contact Emma Shaw on 01323 443143 Email: Emma.email@example.com
Wealden District Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. We value the differences that people bring from all backgrounds and communities and all applications will be treated on merit.Job Description
Closing Date: 11/06/2023
Interview Date: tbc
Post Number: N9012