Senior Solicitor / Lawyer (Property)
Salary: £44,918 - £46,688 p.a (to be pro rata)
Contract Type: Permanent/Part Time
Hours: 22 to 30 hours per week
Location: Hailsham, East Sussex with flexible/hybrid working
Are you a forward thinking and highly motivated property lawyer looking for a fresh challenge and a better work life balance?
This is an exciting time to join Wealden District Council. We are a shared legal service carrying out work for Wealden and Rother District Councils. Our Legal Team provides a crucial role in delivering client focused and professional legal advice, support and assistance to our internal clients.
We are expanding to ensure we can support and help deliver our clients’ objectives and aspirations and are looking for an experienced, qualified lawyer to join our supportive team. If you are an ambitious and highly motivated legal professional, keen to maximise your potential, then we would love to hear from you.
You will be :
- Responsible for your own caseload as well as working with more senior colleagues on major projects, transactions and a wide range of casework. Any exposure to work within the local government sector is desirable but not essential.
- Team orientated but able to work autonomously, with strong commercial acumen and communication skills.
What will you be doing?
- Providing professional and timely legal advice on a range of property related transactions and projects.
- You will also play a key part in ensuring the Councils fulfil their statutory obligations.
- Working collaboratively with other lawyers within the team and internal clients to achieve the best outcomes for the Councils.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to acquire and develop their legal knowledge and skills on the job whilst also working in a supportive environment for a Council committed to your learning, development and career progression.
What do you need?
- Significant experience and knowledge in dealing with and advising on property law related matters.
- You will be Qualified Solicitor or Barrister, or Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives with a current practising certificate.
- Extensive experience in providing clear and coherent written and oral legal advice.
- The ability to maintain high standards of client care and work as part of a team to deliver an effective and efficient legal service.
What do we offer?
- Excellent salary, pension, flexible working, fantastic employee benefits and comprehensive staff health & wellbeing scheme.
- A friendly, supportive team and a range of opportunities for continuing professional development.
- Ability to work from home as well as from our newly refurbished offices in Hailsham and Rother District Council’s offices in Bexhill.
- Working for a great, forward thinking Local Authority
Wealden is a superb place to come and work, live and enjoy life. The area is steeped in history, with the iconic High Weald AONB, Ashdown Forest and South Downs close by. Leisure opportunities abound along our stunning coastline, within our vibrant and growing towns and attractive countryside. The District is amongst one of the most attractive and diverse in East Sussex and offers a stimulating and varied range of environments and opportunities within which to develop and advance your legal career.
Wealden District Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. We value the differences that people bring from all backgrounds and communities and all applications will be treated on merit.
For more information and an informal and confidential chat about this opportunity please contact Christopher Crichton – Legal Services Manager on 01892 602014 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the “Apply Online Now” button below. If you are unable to apply online, or have a query, please email: email@example.com, ensuring you quote the relevant post number.Job Description
Closing Date: 29/10/2023
Interview Date: TBC
Post Number: U2010