Street Scene Officer
Salary: £21,615 - £23,991 p.a
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 37 per week (open to Job Share)
Location: Based Hailsham, East Sussex (working throughout the district)
Are you passionate about improving the quality of your local environment and want to make a difference then this is the role for you!
We are looking to recruit a committed and hard-working individual to join our Street Scene Team.
The role will enhance the appearance of the District and be key in contributing to making Wealden a cleaner and safer environment for all.
What will you be doing?
- Investigating and applying environmental legislation in relation to environmental crime including fly tipping, dog fouling, littering and other offences
- Supporting colleagues in the delivery of all aspects of waste and cleansing services
- Dealing with customer enquiries
What do we offer?
- Excellent salary and employee benefits scheme
- A friendly, supportive team
- Working for a great, forward thinking Local Authority
- Use of Council van for work purposes
What do you need?
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of building relationships with partner organisations and a range of stakeholders to deliver high quality public services
- Confidence and the ability to keep calm under pressure
- Postholder will be required to be trained in RIPA and PACE (training will be provided)
Wealden District Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. We value the differences that people bring from all backgrounds and communities and all applications will be treated on merit.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Chris Bone, Waste Manager on 01892 602724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.Job Description
Closing Date: 04/10/2021
Interview Date: W/C 11th October 2021
Post Number: H4022