Technical Support Assistant
Salary: £20,031 - £24,591 p.a (bar to progression at £22,227)
Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time Open to Job Share
Location: Hailsham, East Sussex
Are you a good all round administrator who enjoys dealing with a variety of tasks, whilst liaising with customers?
We are looking for a Technical Support Assistant to join our busy Planning Technical Team, who are responsible for validating and registering all planning applications within the district as well as responding to enquiries from external and internal agents/customers.
What will you be doing?
- Providing administrative support to the Team and dealing with enquiries from members of the public.
- Validate, register, record and carry out statutory/other consultations on planning applications.
- Provide general administrate support to the development management team.
What do we offer?
- Excellent salary and employee benefits scheme
- A friendly, supportive team and opportunities for continued professional development
- Working for a great, forward thinking Local Authority
What do you need?
- Previous experience of working as an administrator
- Excellent communication skills and able to confidently deal with external customers
- Strong attention to detail, able to multitask and work to deadlines
- Good IT skills
- Previous experience of working within Local Government or knowledge of Planning is desirable, but not essential
Wealden District Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment. We value the differences that people bring from all backgrounds and communities and all applications will be treated on merit.
Post number: H3010 Closing date: 19th August 2022
Please ensure you quote the relevant post number.Job Description
Closing Date: 19/08/2022
Interview Date: 1st September 2022
Post Number: H3010