Dual Licences – Time Spent Overseas

Information for Dual Driver applicants who have spent time overseas

If you have been resident outside of the UK for more than six months in the past five years you must also provide a Certificate of Good Conduct/Character which you may obtain from the UK Embassy/Consulate for the relevant country or countries.u00a0

If you have spent six continuous months or more overseas, we will expect to see evidence of a criminal record check from the country/countries covering the period before a licence application can be made. This period will be for ten years. This is because we are considering some offences that are not spent for ten years.