Types of Licence

Wealden District Council deal with applications for many different licences, permits, consents, registrations and requests for assistance from the public and the majority of applications for licences are dealt with under delegated authority.

Information on all of our licences, including our fees and application forms can be found on the pages below.

If you are visiting our licensing pages because you are organising a community event, you might also find The “Can Do” guide to organising and running voluntary and community events (external link) useful. This guide has been created by the government to take the confusion out of running an event.

Alcohol and Entertainment Licensing

Covers all aspects of alcohol, regulated entertainment and late night refreshment, including temporary events.

The Gambling Act

Deals with the licensing of premises, registration of small society lotteries and the issuing of permits/ notices for gaming machines.

Taxi Licensing

Includes the licensing of all hackney carriage/ private hire drivers, vehicles and operators.

Animal Licensing

Covers all aspects of animal licensing including zoos, dangerous wild animals, animal boarding establishments, riding establishments and pet shops.

Charity Collections

Includes details of house to house collections and street collections.

Registering A Food Business

Information on all aspects of starting up a food business.

Environmental Permits

Details of the licenses needed if you business may cause damage to the environment, including environmental permitting, cooling tower notification and motor salvage and scrap metal dealer registrations.

Skin Piercing

Including piercing, tattooing, acupuncture and electrolysis.

Pleasure Boats

Information on applying for a pleasure boat and boatmans  licence.

Caravans and Camping

Including details of the Mobile Homes Act 2013.

Hypnotism Authorisation

Wealden has recently adopted the Hypnotism Act 1952, please see our page for full details.