Our main priority is keeping our customers, staff, local businesses and community safe. Here’s what we’re doing right now:
- In keeping with the latest Guidance to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have closed the public reception at our Hailsham Office in Vicarage Lane. The Council remains open to help with all your enquiries.
- The Wealden website, www.wealden.gov.uk allows you to access a wide range of services online. You can also contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone; 01323 443322.
- Our staff are working from home so it may take slightly longer to deal with your enquiries. Other than in exceptional circumstances, we will be using phone, email, Skype or other internet-based technologies instead of holding face–to-face meetings.
- Set up a team to manage our response to Coronavirus.
- We are planning and preparing for how we can continue to deliver our services as circumstances change.
Latest service updates:
- Car Parking
- Council Tax advice
- Crematorium – Funeral services at Wealden Crematorium are still continuing but we have put in place measures to protect our staff and those attending services. These include only allowing immediate family to attend a service and ensuring social distancing rules are kept to at all times.
- Freedom Leisure Centres
- Helping our Housing Services to help you
- Housing – private landlords – contact us with any tenancy issues you need help with during the pandemic.
- Housing repairs – please note we are only able to undertake emergency repairs the moment.
- Interim measures for Building Control site inspections
- Planning Service update – including new permitted development regulations for pubs, cafes & restaurants
- Salvation Army clothes banks
Please note: extra kerbside waste left beside our bins will not be collected by refuse crews.