The Wealden Strategic Partnership is a non-statutory, multi-agency body, which matches Wealden District Council boundaries, and brings together the different parts of the public, private, community & voluntary, and special interest sectors to work to help improve the life of the residents of Wealden.
Our vision for Wealden is:
- A healthy, rich and diverse environment based on sustainable principles for everybody in Wealden
- Reduce health inequalities, provide appropriate information and advice and access to health and social care services in order to maximise the potential for good health and well-being
- Enough decent, affordable homes to meet the needs of everyone who lives in or needs to live in the District
- Access to lifelong learning, education and skills training to allow Wealden residents to fulfil their potential
- A broad range of opportunities to improve quality of life, health and well-being, including sport, leisure, recreation and the arts
- A prosperous and sustainable local economy that is dynamic, flexible and maintains the environmental qualities of the area
- Residents and visitors to Wealden are confident of their safety and free from the fear of crime
The Partnership’s current priorities are:
- The Economy
The Partnership is an evolution of the Wealden Local Strategic Partnership and was formed following an in-depth review of its activities and function in 2012/13.
The Constitution (pdf) sets out the rules and regulations which govern the processes of the Local Strategic Partnership. This revised constitution was adopted by the Board at its meeting on 20 November 2013.