In considering the delay to the Inspectors letter relating to Stage 1 of the Wealden Local Plan Examination in Public, the Examiner of the Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan has called a non-statutory, exploratory meeting to examine issues of a procedural and compliance nature with regard to the Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan. It will not be a public hearing held under the provision of the relevant neighbourhood plan legislation.
The meeting will take place on Thursday 19th December 2019 starting at 10am. The venue is Fleur de Lys meeting Room at the Council Offices, Market Street, Hailsham, BN27 2AE.
Whilst the meeting will be open to the public I will only be inviting the participation of representatives of Hailsham Town Council and Wealden District Council.
Update – 8th November 2019
The Planning Inspectorate (Pins) shared the findings of the examination (Stage 1) to the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) on 25th October 2019 in accordance with the published protocol. Unfortunately, the findings had not been released by MHCLG before the pre-election period which started on 6 November. The Planning Inspectorate has published its approach to casework during the pre-election period and will not be issuing any letters regarding the soundness or legal compliance of local plans, or final reports (including for fact check), until after the election. Therefore Wealden District Council will not be receiving the findings until after the election.
Wealden District Council is supporting Hailsham Town Council in the preparation of a Neighbourhood Plan for the designated area. Further details relating to the development of the plan can be found below and also on the Hailsham Town Council’s website .
Wealden District Council has appointed John Slater BA (Hons), DMS, MRTPI to undertake the examination of the Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan. Initial questions have been raised and they can be viewed and downloaded below.
- Hailsham NDP Initial comments from Examiner July 2019
- Wealden District Council response to examiner comments Sept 2019
- Hailsham Town Council response to examiners comments Sept 2019
- Hailsham Town Council response to Regulation 16 comments Sept 2019
- Hailsham NDP letter from Examiner 24th October 2019
Regulation 16 – Pre Submission consultation on a draft Neighbourhood Plan
Consultation on the Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan closed on 18th June 2019. The consultation responses received together with the documents which were the subject of the consultation can be viewed below.
- Beer, Ray
- Bovis Homes
- Highways England
- East Sussex County Council
- Gladman Developments
- Gleeson Strategic Land and Rydon Homes
- Hailsham Festival of Arts and Culture
- Hailsham Labour Party
- Friends of Park Wood Hellingly
- Southern Water
- National Grid
- Natural England
- NHS Property Services
- Rowe, Geoffrey
- Hailsham Active
- Woodland Trust
- Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan Submission version – March 2019
- Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan Basic Conditions Statement – March 2019
- Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Statement – March 2019
- Habitats Regulations Assessment of the Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan – May 2019
- Hailsham Character Assessment – December 2017
- Hailsham Town Centre Analysis – May 2017
- Hailsham Town Wide Analysis – May 2017
- SEA and HRA Screening – October 2018
- Scoping Report for SA (Incorporating SEA) November 2018, LUC for Hailsham
- SA (incorporating SEA) March 2019, LUC for Hailsham
- Non-Technical Summary of SA (incorporating SEA) March 2019 LUC for Hailsham
Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA
The Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA) is available to download below as well as email responses from Natural England, The Environment Agency and Historic England:
- Hailsham Neighbourhood Plan HRA SEA Screening Reg 16 – October 2018
- Natural England response
- Environment Agency response
- Historic England response
The Hailsham SEA Screening Opinion Determination Letter is available to download below: