The Issues, Options and Recommendations is the first stage of preparation for our new Wealden Local Plan. In this document, the Council explores issues in the District such as sustainable development, housing growth, the economy and the environment, to name a few. Various options relating to these issues have then been considered and preferred options have been identified.
As part of the Issues, Options and Recommendation consultation we also consulted on options to review the Conservation Areas in the District, which includes preferred options for changing existing Conservation Areas and introducing new designations. View further information on the
Both consultation documents and the supporting evidence base can be viewed below:
- Wealden Local Plan – Issues, Options and Recommendations – October 2015 (pdf)
- Wealden Local Plan – Issues, Options and Recommendations – Conservation Areas Consultation Paper (October 2015) (pdf)
Please note that some minor modifications have been made to the Wealden Local Plan – Issues, Options and Recommendations consultation document. These can be viewed in the Schedule of Clarifications (pdf).
- Housing Market Area Position Statement (October 2015) (pdf)
- Infrastructure Background Paper (October 2015) (pdf)
- Design and Heritage Background Paper (October 2015) (pdf)
- Sustainability Appraisal Part 1 (October 2015) (pdf)
- Sustainability Appraisal Part 2 (October 2015) (pdf)
- Sustainability Appraisal (October 2015) Appendix 1 (pdf)
- Strategic Housing Market Assessment October 2015 (pdf)
- Community Infrastructure Levy – Infrastructure Delivery Plan – March 2015 (pdf)
Where to view the documents
Documents can be viewed at various Deposit Points across the district. There are also reference copies available to view at Horam, East Hoathly, Herstmonceux and Ninfield.
Both the Issues, Option and Recommendations and Conservation Areas consultation document were published for consultation between 19 October 2015 and 14 December 2015. The consultation responses can be viewed on our online consultation portal (external link), which was considered by members at the Local Plan Sub Committee on 20th April 2016.